Digitech Bass Whammy Controller
MOLTEN MIDI B™ is a programmable stompbox that offers five original new ways to control the Digitech Bass Whammy.
MOLTEN MIDI B lets you access notes that aren't normally available on the Whammy and sequence them into
Molten MIDI B stores 19 programs, that are easy to program.
Molten MIDI B works just like MM5...
Easy to Use!
MOLTEN MIDI B comes with 19 cool programs to get you started. Programs are selected using the footswitches and are indicated using the Whammy's own LEDs. The Whammy works normally when Molten MIDI B isn't sending data.
"A great way to stimulate new musical ideas."
"Also allows you to choose original Whammy presets without having to bend over and turn knobs."
"The Digitech Whammy pedal is one of the coolest stomp boxes ever, but Molten Voltage
has figured out a way to make it even cooler."
"Molten MIDI produces effects a Whammy pedal can't produce on its own."
"The synth-like sequencer effects greatly increase a Whammy pedal's versatility and provide unique 16-step patterns that even sophisticated pitch shifters like the Eventide Pitch Factor and DigiTech TimeBender can't duplicate."
"The sliding portamento effects are especially cool and worth the pedal's price on their own."
"Molten MIDI gives the Whammy new life and provides hours of creative inspiration."
"Imagine having 16 Whammy pedals, all lined up in a signal chain with each one set to just one of the steps. Each Whammy processes each note, one at a time."
"Greatly expands the Whammy's tonal capabilities, giving a more synth-like vibe to the tones that it creates."
"Molten MIDI is one of those devices that reminds me why I love cool, interesting guitar sounds."
"I was able to achieve some really wild, unique tones, and rediscovered my affection of the Whammy pedal in the process."
"Molten MIDI's greatest strength, however, is that it forces the use of the Whammy to be musical, and not just some gadget that makes crazy sounds that some players might only use for one song."
Radiohead rocks Molten MIDI !
Programs come in 5 different types and can be up to 16 steps each:
• Loop Portamento programs cycle through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions. "Portamento" means you hear the Whammy "slide" from one step to the next, rather than "jump", as if the expression pedal is moving.
• Loop, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn't "slide" from one position to another, it "jumps".
• Step Portamento programs step through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions each time the Step button is pressed. As the Whammy changes to a new "virtual" position, you hear it "slide" up or down to the new position.
• Step, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn't "slide" from one position to another each time Step is pressed, it "jumps".
• Different Settings programs step through selected Whammy settings each time the Step button is pressed. The virtual position of the expression pedal is not affected.
Molten MIDI B programs can be created as shown in this video:
Molten MIDI B connects to your stock Whammy using a standard MIDI cable - no modifications required!
Molten MIDI B requires a separate or isolated 2.1 mm, tip-negative, 9 volt DC power supply.
Dimensions: 4.5" (115mm) Wide x 3.2" (82mm) Deep x 1.9" (49mm) Tall
Bomb-proof design ensures flawless functioning. Road-ready MIDI Machinery™.
Hand built in Oregon, USA by Molten Voltage.
Digitech and Whammy are trademarks of the Harmon Music Group Inc. which is unrelated to Molten Voltage.